Monday 18 February 2013

How the Japanese treated me ( 18 Feb 1942- 13 Sept 1945)

On the 18 February 1942, I returned back to Singapore as my immigrant was a failed. I got terrified and  extremely scared. "What the Japanese will do to my family?" I wondered. My parents also fear about it, but we still have to survive. We have to traveled back no matter how badly we doesn't wants to. And right on this day, my family and I got caught. We didn't expect that this would happen. It's fearful. I doesn't know what to do. They brought my father away and I doesn't know what they are going to do to me. I started sobbing. They killed my father I guess and they locked my mother in a room as she was suspected that she is helping the enermy as we oversea.
I watched her being tortured and rape in this room for a few days as hatred grows in me. Soon, I got separated from her as the Japanese pulled me to another room and start tortured me, like hitting me with their belts and guns armed on them. They then brought me to some schools to learn Japanese and more.
Everyday, I the one of the lucky ones who got education, small portion of food and a small prison to live. I listen to them attentively and followed their instructions. Days passes by. I got tortured in class and all that. I have a complete no trust on anybody. No one could be trusted as they will betray you. I live in that kind of world day by day. I hope that this war would be ended as soon as possible. There is not much news could be heard from anyone or anything. My live is like that and that's how badly they treated me.
One day, they I'm shock that a news have came out that we are released! Is this end of war? I wondered. I wanted to find my parents, but I guess they are not in this world anymore. Pain and agony could not be describe in me. I cried out painfully. I wondered what my life would be next.

Rachel

13 September 1945

( posted for information for some others post that saying I have returned to Singapore. )

No comments:

Post a Comment